Expo 2020 is the world in one place – a global experience dedicated to bringing together people, communities and nations to build bridges, inspire action and deliver real-life solutions to real-life challenges. Dubai Expo 2020 is the first World Expo to be held in the Middle East, Africa and South Asia region, hosted in a city of the future in the year of the UAE’s Golden Jubilee.
So, to attend Expo 2020 or cover Expo 2020 remotely, you must be accredited. Register on media information system, Tawassul,
to receive all the latest content and submit a media accreditation expression of interest
Expo 2020 will run from 1 October 2021 to 31 March 2022.
For six months, Expo 2020 will be the must-visit family destination, with thousands of family events, amazing exploratory experiences and free entry for kids up to age 18. Note that Expo 2020 is located in Dubai South, close to Al Maktoum International Airport and easily reached from Dubai and Abu Dhabi’s international airports and cruise terminals.
Tickets to Expo 2020 Dubai is already on sale:
o Season Passes (AED 495/USD 135 – Mastercard debit and credit card holders receive a 25 per cent discount) offer unlimited entry for the entire six months of Expo 2020
o Family Package (AED 950/USD 258) includes Season Passes for two parents plus nanny; discounts on F&B; 25 per cent off five additional Multi-Day Passes; and a photograph voucher worth AED 125
o Multi-Day Passes (AED 195/USD 53) allow holders unrestricted entry for 30 consecutive days
o 1-Day Tickets (AED 95/USD 26)
o Children under 18 years old, visitors ages 60 years and above, and students holding valid student ID from any academic institution in the world will be given free entry. Complimentary tickets will also be available for people of determination, with their companion receiving a 50 per cent discount
– Expo Live, Expo’s global innovation and partnership programme is backing 140 projects from 76 countries, each offering innovative solutions to pressing challenges, helping to improve people’s lives or preserve the planet
– Expo’s Global Best Practice Programme spotlights 50 projects already providing impactful, sustainable solutions to some of our biggest challenges, with a commitment to expanding them across the globe
– The Expo Education Programme is inviting students from high schools and UAE and international universities to join specially curated tours, gain hands-on skills, and shape their future careers by connecting with peers, industry leaders and global experts
– The Expo School Programme is inspiring the younger generation by engaging with UAE schools and educators. During Expo 2020 it will offer students a once-in-a-lifetime learning experience via four bespoke school tours
– A total of 30,000 Expo 2020 Volunteers, a diverse and inclusive mix of UAE residents and expats from a range of nationalities and backgrounds, will be the welcoming ‘face of Expo 2020 Dubai’, reflecting UAE’s inclusive and hospitable spirit
– Expo’s World Majlis will bring global thought-leaders together for the conversations that matter, in the traditional Emirati majlis setting
Measures include mandatory mask wearing, hand sanitising stations and capacity restrictions to ensure social distancing. The pre-booking of tickets is strongly encouraged, and visitors are urged to make use of Expo’s Smart Queue system to book their pavilion experience.
All Expo and International Participant staff, volunteers, contractors and service providers must be vaccinated.
Expo will continue to monitor and adjust these measures as necessary, as the situation continues to evolve.